Thursday, May 03, 2018

Watch: Ex-Vöid Drop New Single "Boyfriend"

Ex-Vöid, the new ex-treme pöwer pöp project from singer Alanna McArdle and guitarist Owen Williams of Welsh noise-pop band Joanna Gruesome, have dropped their new single "Boyfriend".

The song is taken from their upcoming self-titled debut single, set to arrive on May 11 through Don Giovanni.

About the track, Williams told: This was a song I wrote about the psychic pain of rejection within a relationship, slowly learning that someone finds you deeply intolerable and lapsing into self denial, claiming you “don’t even want a boyfriend anyway.” Of course this isn’t about me! I’m simply imagining what being rejected might feel like. It’s kind of a companion song to one I wrote called “My Baby Is A Communist,” which has been vetoed from release by the group.

Stream it below.


(facebook.com/exvoyd)