Thursday, February 15, 2018

Winter Announce New LP 'Ethereality', Watch a Teaser

L.A. based shoegaze/dream pop band Winter have announced the release of their sophomore album titled 'Ethereality'.

The follow-up to 2015's Supreme Blue Dream, will be out on April 6th, and was recorded at Comp-ny studios in Glendale, CA where the band spent 2 and a half weeks recording with Drew Fisher. Pre-order your copy here.

Speaking about the new record, frontwoman Samira Winter, explains: "My ever longing desire to connect with nostalgia and ethereal bliss fueled me to write my second full length record, “Ethereality.”

"As an artist, it’s extremely important for me to be connected with my inner child and to maintain a beginner’s mind when writing songs. A lot of the times I hold on to the first things I come up with and that was very much the case for this record. I wrote all the songs in my bedroom either in LA or Brasil, with the exception of “Black Sea” which came from a jam session, specifically a bass line from my former bassist Joe Holcomb. My bedroom is a space of creative freedom. There is no room for self-consciousness. I love music so much and it genuinely makes me happy, in a way that is hard to put into words, when I come up with beautiful melodies and cool guitar parts. The songs ranged from being about my friendships in college (Alligator), my lovely pet Zoey, a boyfriend that showed me the world of shoegaze (Sunshine Devine) and that cathartic feeling of sadness mixed with nostalgia mixed with beauty that I’d like to call “ethereality”.

Watch a teaser below.



(facebook.com/daydreamingwinter)

Tags: Winter