Tuesday, January 09, 2018

FRIGS Announce Debut LP 'Basic Behaviour', Stream New Single "Talking Pictures"

Toronto garage psych/post-punk band FRIGS have announced they will release their debut full-length album 'Basic Behaviour' on 23rd February through Arts & Crafts.

The ten-track album has been self-produced and was written and recorded over a period of 16 months in two locations: the band’s home studio and Toronto’s Union Sound Company.

The band have also shared their new single "Talking Pictures", which lyrically, according to vocalist Bria Salmena“is about the need to be stimulated. It was written during a period where I felt a lack of both external and internal encouragement, preventing me from thinking freely or creatively. Falling into a void of routine, I was distracting myself from real life experiences, and those experiences, once examined, seemed only filtered through interactions with technology and social media. In writing this song, I attempted to explore this void and my distracted state in hopes of losing any numbness I felt in my day-to-day life”.

Pre-order the album here, check out the tracklisting, and have a listen to "Talking Pictures" below.

01. Doghead
02. Talking Pictures
03. Waste
04. Solid State
05. Gemini
06. I
07. II
08. Heavyweights
09. Chest
10. Trashyard


(facebook.com/FRIGSBAND)

Tags: FRIGS